Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bryant Odom named men's Golf Coach

Western Carolina named Bryant Odom, a former All-American and All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) golfer at the University of Georgia, to the position of head men's golf coach.

Odom becomes just the fourth head men's golf coach at WCU since 1991.

"I could not be more excited about the opportunity ahead of me at Western Carolina," said Odom. "My sincerest thanks go to Coach (Michael) Burcin who trusted me as his assistant over the past two years in Madison. I learned a great deal from him and will always be grateful for my experience at the University of Wisconsin."

He added, "Looking ahead at Western Carolina, there is great potential because of the strength of current players, vision within the athletic department and support from the Cullowhee area. This region is also full of talented prospects. Abbi and I fell in love with Cullowhee on our initial visit and can't wait to settle into the community."

Courtesy WCU Athletics Media Relations

No comments: