Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Western falls to Davidson in double overtime

Catamounts receive runner-up trophy -
Courtesy WCU
Asheville, NC - "What a whale of a ballgame in terms of heart and competitive effort," said WCU head coach Larry Hunter "Congratulations to Davidson, they have such a great ball club. They had to do what they had to do. I told the guys in the last timeout that I didn't think we had a third overtime in us so I said that we were going for the win. We got our best shooter a really good look, but it didn't go in." Hunter added "I've been a college coach for 41 years now. I told the guys in the locker room that I've never had a team spill their guts like that team did tonight. They gave me everything they had - we had breakdowns, but it wasn't because of what was in our chest (heart)."


ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM

FIRST TEAM
Harouna Mutombo, Western Carolina
Trey Sumler, Western Carolina
De'Mon Brooks, Davidson
Jake Cohen, Davidson
J.P. Kuhlman, Davidson

SECOND TEAM
Keaton Cole, Western Carolina
Tawaski King, Western Carolina
Jack Isenbarger, Elon
Eric Ferguson, Georgia Southern
Trevis Simpson, UNCG

No comments: