Monday, February 28, 2011

Williams is money. Cat seniors go out in style …

CULLOWHEE –– Catamount senior hoops standouts, Mike Williams and Richie Gordon, put in a masterclass performance on Saturday afternoon at the Ramsey Center, as WCU clinched a share of the Southern Conference’s northern division title.

It was my first time seeing the Cats play and the last time Williams and Gordon will play a regular season game in Cullowhee. I was left with a bittersweet taste in my mouth after the decisive 70-62 victory over Bobby Cremins’ league-leading College of Charleston. The Cats went 12-1 at home this year, largely on the backs of their senior standouts. The game made me a fan, particularly of Williams, who will leave a tremendous void behind when he moves on after the season, and I wish I had seen more games.

 

Cats seniors go out in style

No comments: